This healthy vegan recipe requires no added sugar and is full of goodness. A truly tasty flapjack that leaves you feeling good. Perfect for lunchboxes,snacks, picnics or an alternative, healthy after dinner pudding.
50g vegan spread (I used Pure sunflower spread)
2 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 apple, grated
85g mixed seeds
100ml hot water
- Preheat your oven to 160C/320F and grease an 11×7 inch baking tin.
- Slowly melt the vegan spread, peanut butter and maple syrup in a small pan over a low heat until melted and then remove from the heat. Add the water, banana and apple.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oats, dried fruit and seeds). Gently pour in the sticky warm mixture and stir until everything is coated by the mixture.
- Tip the mixture carefully into the prepared tin and gently press the mixture down so that is is evenly spread.
- Bake for minutes until golden. If you can wait, leave to cool in the tin. (However, they are delicious straight from the oven!) Cut into 12 pieces and store in an airtight container, preferably in the fridge.
The dancing baker